Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 4:29:41 PM EDT
I have read pros and cons about Wolf ammo. I had a call from SA about the items I bought on my coupon and I asked them about ammo. The customer service rep told me straight up that they (SA) do not care for or recommend any steel cased ammo and that they are not very fond of Wolf ammo. Anyone have any comments. I'm not trying to open a debate, I just would like to hear other opinions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, Wolf ammo sucks!
We shoot it 'cause it's so cheap, wich isn't really that cheap these days.
We shoot it in AKs 'cause that's like crack cocain to them (it's what they are build to fire).

I've got an M1A and I look for South African battle packs at the moment. You have to keep on top of the surpluss ammo market because it is allways changing, but african battle packs are it at the moment, stay away from indian ammo also.

As far as damaging your weapon, I don't think Wolf will hurt it, but Indian will maybe blow up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't Wolf supposed to be coming out with brass cased .308 ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
has anyone chrono'd some of the wolf .308?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Isn't Wolf supposed to be coming out with brass cased .308 ?

out here in so cal the brass cased wolf has been out for a few months now. i've never had the urge to try it though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, Let's see..I had a case head seperation in a brand new CZ 85 (9mm) using Wolf ammo about 5 years ago.. The handgun was toast, I was luckily unhurt, They replaced the pistol without any problems, But I'll never shoot that shit again. I load all of my 9mm,and all of my rifle ammo at least I know what's in it and how carefully it was made, That's more than you can say for Wolf... you can draw your own conclusions....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Well that about answers my questions. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention that it's dirty and the accuracy is just so so.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No issues with it...no ammo snobbery here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Wolf always worked fine for me.  The surplus from india "blows" up when a shooter doesn't realize there was a squib round and then fires another.That seems to be kinda common with that stuff. So yes do be careful of indian surplus but that goes with any ammo. Besides a shooter should be aware of weapon/ ammo malfunctions to limit injury to the operator and thier rifle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]

For what it is worth...I'll only shoot the Wolf stuff out of my SKS and once in awhile my Mini-14.

I do have a confession to make, I did take a large four pointer this year with my Mini in .223 using 62 Wolf FMJ ammo. At the last minute I brought my Mini along to do some coyote hunting in the evening in case I tagged out in the morning. A hundred yard shot punched right thru hitting the upper third of the lungs before exiting. It did a pretty impressive amount of damage as it yawed and exited the torso. It was odd circumstance and something that I didn't plan for. But when you have a shot, you have to take it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top