Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 8:46:01 AM EDT
Looking to build a M14. Who has any deals on receivers? Who should I go with, armscorp, LRB, Enterprise, etc. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Best semi receiver being porduced currently is the LRB since it's forged.
Second would be a poly since it too is forged, but you will need to fit a USGI bolt to the receiver.
From there your into casted or milled from block.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with LRB, not only are they hammer forged,thier forged using Winchester dies.They are the only receiver made to USGI prints from Rock Island Armory...They are the closest to the real deal you can get

Longhunter
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Agree with above, I have 3 rifles built on Polytech recievers that I like very much and 1 LRB.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one built on a Springfield receiver and one being built on a Norinco. It's all good
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I own one former Norinco. Go for LRB, Polytech/Norinco.

SA, Inc. are cast but have a warranty and lengthy use/track record.

Avoid Entreprise like the black anal plague.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had zero problems with my M1A built with an Armscorp cast receiver and USGI everywhere else. I have about 1500 rounds through it so far, probably a bit more.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go with LRB, not only are they hammer forged,thier forged using Winchester dies.They are the only receiver made to USGI spec, using TRW prints from Rock Island Armory...They are the closest to the real deal you can get

Longhunter

+1 on the LRB M14SA

and I fixed it for you
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why would that be?

Are they even making receivers currently?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would that be?

Because the black anal plague is bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Go with LRB, not only are they hammer forged,thier forged using Winchester dies.They are the only receiver made to USGI prints from Rock Island Armory...They are the closest to the real deal you can get

Longhunter

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE RECEIVERS
#1. LRB (expensive but forged)
#2. Springfield Armory (limited availability,beautifully finished)
#3.Armscorp/Fulton Armory (Fulton Armory receiver is made by Armscorp,personally I have not noted any difference in fit or finish of the Fulton branded receiver over the Armscorp.)

Poly tech would be my #2 but is not available as a bare receiver.Enterprise has a reputation for both dimensional problems and poor customer service.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
This issue came up on the M14 Firing Line.  The analysis is as follows:

Fulton Armory uses Armscorp receivers, but FA is VERY picky about what they accept from Armscorp, so you can be pretty sure your FA receiver will be good quality.

LRB is awesome and is VERY well made (beyond being forged), but pricey.  Despite that, I'm saving up for one

SAI:  I have three Springfield Armory M1As, no problems with their receivers.  I'd be happy building on one.

NOTE:  beware the Armscorp receivers that Sarco sells for under $400.  They might be Armscorp rejects, with the attendant QC problems....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top