Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2005 8:02:30 PM EDT
A couple of weeks, ago I saw an add for 30.06 ammo on the J&G Sales website:

30-06 Korean M2 ball, 500 rds loose in a carton. 150gr FMJ, Korean military surplus made in the PMC factories.   500 rounds packed lose in an cardboard carton, brass case, boxer primer.
(Although it has tested non-corrosive, some mixed rounds may have corrosive primers.) Click
for quantity pricing.

I really like the 30.06 ammo I had purchased from Wideners & Aim Surplus that had the
PS headstamp which I understood was manufactured by the Korean company PMC.  This ammunition
was reasonably accurate and non-corrosive unlike the other Korean ammunition that had
KA headstamp.  This ammunition contains corrosive primers.  This ammunition I did not want.

Anyways, when I received the ammunition(2 500 rounds/box), one of the boxes has
"30.06 500 RD CORR." in large letters on the top.  Both boxes contained nothing but
KA headstamped ammunition.  I am really pissed off now so I fired off this email to
J&G Sales:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J & G Sales:

Enclosed below is a my order confirmation when I ordered 1K rounds of
30.06 ammo.

Your website lists the following description:

30-06 Korean M2 ball, 500 rds loose in a carton. 150gr FMJ, Korean
military surplus made in the PMC factories.
500 rounds packed lose in an cardboard carton, brass case, boxer primer.
(Although it has tested non-corrosive,
some mixed rounds may have corrosive primers.) Click for quantity pricing

Since you specified that this ammo is made by "PMC factories", I was
under the assumption that
the brass would have a PS headstamp.  When I opened the package, I found
that virtually all of the
ammunition is KA brass which is clearly corrosive ammunition.

I do not believe your above statement about being "tested non-corrosive,
some mixed rounds may
have corrosive primers".  This ammo appears to me be 100% corrosive
ammunition.  You should have
stated what the headstamp was in your advertisement instead of implying
that the ammunition was
manufactured by PMC.

I am very unhappy with the product you sent me.  I would like to return it.

Please send me the details so that I can send this ammunition back to
you and credit my credit card.

Sincerely,

Spambo

------------------------------------------------------
Here is J&G Response:

Sir,

The current PMC is the Eldorado Cartridge Corporation (previously Patton and Morgan Corp., and Pan Metal Corp. ) The PMC headstamped ammunition for Eldorado has been made in various Korean factories, as well as the Philippines, Mexico and the Republic of South Africa.

The PS headstamp is Poongsan Metal Manufacturing Company Ltd., Seoul, Republic of Korea (probably at the Angang Ammunition Plant)

The KA headstamp is Pusan Government Arsenal, Pusan, Republic of Korea.

We were informed by the importers that the ammo at both Korean factories was originally under the auspices of PMC Korean branch. Current PMC (now Eldorado) disavows any continuing relation to the plants.

You can not accept our statement if you like about testing the rounds, but it is a true statement, we do not lie. We tested all the different years with KA headstamps and found no corrosive rounds. Of course "internet wisdom" continues to say it is all corrosive. We contacted the importers about this and they reported that batches of KA ammo were made with mixed primers, so one can find corrosive and noncorrosive ammo mixed together. Thus we have the statement in the description for a warning to customers that they must treat it as corrosive, although we found no corrosive rounds.

If you wish to return it for a refund you may do so if you received it in the last 30 days.We offer a 30 day return period for everything we sell. Please include your invoice with the returned ammo.

Thank you
J&G Sales

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think J&G's explanation is BS and I feel duped.  For me to send it back would cost me
$30 + $<return shipping>.  These guys are scam artists.  My advice is not to purchase
anything from them.

Spambo
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at their ad in the SN just yesterday. Looks like I won't be buying from them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
J&G is correct, not all KA is corrosive.

You were dreaming/ hoping to get cheap PS at KA prices and got KA ammo.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
+1  waaaa. So you have to clean your rifle when your done shooting, weres the problem?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
dugedug>>+1 waaaa. So you have to clean your rifle when your done shooting, weres the problem?

Yeah, I know.  Run the boresnake soaked with Hopes thru the barrel and everything will be fine.

I am pissed that J&G did not state that the ammo was had KA headstamps and implied
otherwise.  AIMSurplus, for example, states specifically the headstamps of thier ammo and
usually posts a picture.  Ok, I got fooled.  HA HA.  I won't buy sqaut for J&G in the future.

Spambo
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, I know.  Run the boresnake soaked with Hopes thru the barrel and everything will be fine.

Not with corrosive ammo it won't.

For corrosive ammo, this will only get you a ruined barrel unless you clean it with either soap and water or possibly the Windex way.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Bitch, moan, and whine all you want.

It said it may have corrosive primers, and J&G's reply was correct.

Return it if you want.  But don't blame them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Since you specified that this ammo is made by "PMC factories", I was
under the assumption that

You know what happens when you assume dont you. Assume = Ass-u-me
So you assumed now both you and the dealer your bad mouthing lose.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I've ordered from them many times.
Good guys, IMHO
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Just be real careful that you don't buy the .308 J&G sells 1000 rounds for 99 bucks.  I called them about it, and sure enough, it was Indian.  Looking at their ad, they give specifics about where most everything else is from, but not the .308...hmmm.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Had to step in on this one. I've bought all kinds of ammo from J&G for years because they are in Arizona and I'm in New Mexico. Cheaper shipping. To date I have had only one problem with them. I recently got a 5.56 order that was short 6 boxes. One phone call (a nice one) and I had the other 6 boxes in 4 days. They have always been nice on the phone and everything I have purchased has been as advertised or they have clarified the product over the phone. All you have to do is ask them for more details and they will tell you everything they know about the product. As for the 5.56, I was going to order another 1000 rounds but the rep said to shoot some and let him know how I liked it and then order some more if I liked it since they have a lot of it right now. As for my experiences +++++++1!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
i have bought many thousands of rds of ammo (other stuff too)from J&G.  both mail order and in their shop when i happen to be in the area.  i have had only one screw up.  their computer sent my stuff to an old address.  they took care of it very fast.  nice bunch of guys, they will still get my business.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I treat all mil surp ammo as corrosive (w/except-doemstic .223)

I love it, would rather shoot all reloads or brand new factory ammo, but most of my rifles eat mostly surplus.

I just clean em when I get home

Never had Rust probs in 15 years.

I say you should clean, check out and lube important guns after any range session

My opinion: be grateful for cheap ammo
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've ordered from them many times.
Good guys, IMHO

+1

Very good guys!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bitch, moan, and whine all you want.

It said it may have corrosive primers, and J&G's reply was correct.

Return it if you want.  But don't blame them.

Huge +1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
dugedug>>+1 waaaa. So you have to clean your rifle when your done shooting, weres the problem?

I am pissed that J&G did not state that the ammo was had KA headstamps and implied
otherwise.  AIMSurplus, for example, states specifically the headstamps of thier ammo and
usually posts a picture.  Ok, I got fooled.  HA HA.  I won't buy sqaut for J&G in the future.

Spambo

You are unhappy with the transaction. It's your money and I agree you should send it back.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#17]
You made an assumption.  You were wrong.  It looks like an honest ad to me.  They never claim PS headstamp.  They say some may be corrosive.  What more do you want?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top