Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:28:32 AM EDT
Looking for an accurate hunting load. Got to be "off the shelf", no time for re-loading.

I may still get a chance to hunt hogs this fall.

I mounted a Simmons Prodiamond 1.5-5 on my Armscorp M14 clone and I'm interested to see what groups I can get with this rifle/scope combo and good quality ammo.

After x-mas I'll try to get a Leupold of some sort and replace the Simmons.

Fly safe....

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]

FWIW

I'm not sure if this speaks for the consistency from manufacturers or just my rifle but the Hornady factory loaded 155 AMAX shoots a little tighter than the WIN 150 BST out of my 20" AR10A4.

I'd should say both were quite acceptable for hunting but the AMAX looks better on paper.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Winchester silver ballisitc tip 150 gr. I have shot lota of it in my M1A. Very aweseome ammo. Extremely tight and clean.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

I'll try the Silver-Tip since it's a little easier to get than the TAP.

I'll try and post my results if I get time.

Cheers,

Flyer
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used Win. 150gr SilverTips on a hog hunt w/ excellent results...  I will only use this ammo thru mu M1A Scout when I hunt hogs.

HogHunt w/ M1A Scout & SilverTips  

ETA: Where are U located in TX, and where are you hunting?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
AR15KittyKat,

I remembered reading about your hunt and that you used Silver Tips. Good stuff! Really makes me want to get out there and try it.

I thought I would see if I could find others who had good experiences with that load also.

I don't have a place to hunt picked out yet but am considering the same place where you went.

I'm in North Texas also.

The big problem for me is not having any time off. The corp office in PA cut my staff last year and now to make matters worse, one my my guys has resigned. So we are all working much more. Sometimes no weekends off at all.

Plus money is very tight due to a wedding in the family that we helped pay for.

Maybe things will get better after I get the new guy trained....

Fly safe,

Flyer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top