Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 2:22:54 PM EDT
Is there a  link or a sight that has some info on USGI parts?  What I'm looking for is how to figure out who and when things were made.  I think most of my M1A scout parts are USGI but want to know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Try jouster.com. Charles.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there a  link or a sight that has some info on USGI parts?  What I'm looking for is how to figure out who and when things were made.  I think most of my M1A scout parts are USGI but want to know for sure.

M1A factory built and USGI parts are not one and the same.  There a lot of parts on the S/A's that are not USGI surplus parts, but are as good parts.  Give you hint, try and find a USGI # on the gas cylinder or opt rod, you won't.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
A fair discussion of M14 parts can be viewed online in Part 3 All Things Small and Wonderful in the freebie version of my book M14 Rifle History and Development at www.imageseek.com/m1a
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys.  This rifle has a USGI bolt, I think the trigger group is also.  That is what I wanted to check.  I assume the op rod is not.  I know the barrel is not because it is a scout.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If you post the markings someone will jump in and let you know what you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top