Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 8:32:37 AM EDT
i've got an armscorp m1a i want to "modernize"...what would you recommend?

i've replaced the wood stock with one of fred's synthetic g.i. stocks. i have a question, do you think i need to reinforce it with fiberglass filler and should there be a metal lip in the forward part of the fore end like the one on my wood stock?

i was thinking about one of those super duper uber tactical collapsible stocks but i kinda like the traditional feel of the standard stock. i did add a blackhawk cheekrest though.

does anyone make a combo cheekpad/mag carrying rig? it seems like it's one or the other.

i want to change the upper handguard for one of those models with the pic rail for optics, any recommendations?

finally, what about the flash suppressor? does the standard g.i. do the job or are the new ones like the vortex the way to go? i've got an m4gery with the vortex and the diff between that and the old birdcage are pretty significant!

thanks for any guidance!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
This is in regards to the stock from Fred's.
The metal ferrule at the "end" of your woodstock should also be present on the fiberglass one, it is just probably covered in paint. If it is there (and should be) you will notice two dimples on the left and the right, further securing it to the stock.
If the fit is tight, and nothing moves around, then additional reinforcement with fiberglass filler is not required.
In Great Britain it is spelled "modernise", but that is no problem, hell- I'm claiming to be posting from Africa!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
many MANY thanks! i'm planning on keeping the barrel the same length...good idea about the weak side shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top