Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2005 3:26:40 AM EDT

I spend a fair amount of time reading about M14s and in another thread, I saw a couple things I have never heard of before:

"The new S-7 trigger and hammer axis pins along with the new tool steel connector link pin."  

What are these?

The other question I have is what is the SEI Long Life Package made up of?

I know Smith Enterprise is making some new awesome stuff, but they SUCK at updating their website, I understand it's because they don't have the time between building rifles for the military, but can anybody clue me in to what they have in production now?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI parts are running out, and at least someone is making replacement parts that are as good or better than the USGI that they will replace.

In regards to the S-7 parts, as long as these are oversized ground, then poished into the correct diameter, should be a good way to go.  The problem with the USGI parts is when you polish them, you take down the diameter of the pin, and depending on the Trigger/hammer holes, you could have a bit more slop in the action to set the FCG to the needed clean/consistent break needed for the DCM class.

As for are these parts for you, it just depends if you are building a Match rifle or not.  I doubt that you will ever see the difference between the new parts and the USGI parts that they would replace unless you have worn parts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Which parts do they replace?

They are just polished?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of what you have possibly read:

- Tuned 4.5 pound pull trigger group with  S-7 trigger and hammer axis pins.
- The gas piston is high density hard chromium plated.
- The gas cylinder, gas cylinder plug and GLFS are nitrocarburized.
- SEI tool steel connector link pin.
- The receiver, bolt and new barrel are cryogenically treated.
- carefully assembled and lubricated with MD Labs XF-7 weapons lubricant.

High tech innovations to keep the old rifle up and running.

The trigger and hammer pins are oversize and of a harder metal.
A super hard chrome on the piston = less wear and cleaning.
Nitrocarburization helps keep everything clean and the heat transfer is evened out.
The connector link pin is a new extra hard alloy.
Cryo treating metal is a good thing.
The XF-7 lube is the best for all conditions.

The SEI conversion makes the M1A/M14 more reliable than ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top