Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:42:35 PM EDT
Woot!  I got a HRA Greek Correct Grade and a USGI SA Rack Grade.  The Rack Grade is excellent, really, except for 1 minor crack and a mar in the wood.   The Correct Grade, however, has more wood wear than I would like, and the handguards appear unfinished and unmatching to the rest of the stock.  Am I overreacting on this, or should I contact CMP Customer Service?  Hrm...Here's a link to the pics, and the best picture showing the unfinished/unmatched stocks (I'll only display 1 picture here for those of you on dialup .  The Correct Grade even came with a sticky note written in Greek (which was kinda neat), which was plastered over a little wood gouge (not neat ).

Can't wait to get to the range!

M1 Garand Pictures!

Best picture of unfinished/unmatched handguards

Edit:  Picture is really too big to post directly here.  Also, the hairline crack on the RG is on the rear handguard right around that mar/large ding.  It's very small and probably nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking Garands you have there!

<resists urge to order another one>
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that you may have the wrong idea about what correct grade means.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really, no.  I realize it only means that the parts are all correct as shipped from manufacturer, but mechanically will be the same as Service Grade.  My problem comes in the finish 80% or better.  To me that applies to wood finish as well as metal finish.  I've also since noticed what looks like very small cracks near the retaining bands of the front and rear handguards.  For $900 I expected better, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#4]
You will need one more to make use of the Stacking swivels

Congrats...........They look great
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#5]
No worries, I'll be getting another one as soon as I can .
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]

I REALLY need to find a gun club sponsor so I can get in on these Garands before they are all gone.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a few you can join online for a small fee, like the Garand Collector's Association (www.garandcollector.org/).  That'd do the trick for membership with an affiliated organization.  All you need is the marksmanship requirement.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]

A copy of my DD214 will satisfy that, right?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A copy of my DD214 will satisfy that, right?

Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top