Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
Guys I am selling my M1 Garand and would like to know what I can get for it. It is a Select grade rifle that I bought from Orion 7. From his website "Genuine Springfield Armory M1 rifle.  Rebuilt to as-new condition with all original U.S.G.I. metal components. All metal parts are parkerized in 100% Mil Spec Gray-green finish. Fitted with brand new Wilson standard contour Match Quality barrels.  Guaranteed under 2.0 M.O.A. accuracy with quality match grade ammunition.  A serious competitive rifle and John C. Garand Match legal." It is in .308 and only has about 300 rnds through it. A sling and bayonet/scabbard are included. What do you think? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Guys I am selling my M1 Garand and would like to know what I can get for it. It is a Select grade rifle that I bought from Orion 7. From his website "Genuine Springfield Armory M1 rifle.  Rebuilt to as-new condition with all original U.S.G.I. metal components. All metal parts are parkerized in 100% Mil Spec Gray-green finish. Fitted with brand new Wilson standard contour Match Quality barrels.  Guaranteed under 2.0 M.O.A. accuracy with quality match grade ammunition.  A serious competitive rifle and John C. Garand Match legal." It is in .308 and only has about 300 rnds through it. A sling and bayonet/scabbard are included. What do you think? Thanks.

That is not true. It is NOT Garand Match legal since it is in .308. Whoever told you that is wrong.

As for value, what did you pay for it? What are they selling for now?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Rebel_Rifle, I paid $1100, now they are $1399 if you want it in .308, otherwise subtract $50 for 36-06. As far as the John C. Garand match legal part, I got the information from their website. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
WTO used to build these as late as last year with a fresh park job, new Wilson .308 barrel and new Wenig walnut stock set for $800.00 plus shipping.  If yours is as nice as Clayton's work, it's likely worth that same $800.00 or so.  Mine is a "44 Springfield, and it's a beaut...helluva shooter too...

Hope that helps...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You just had to show that fine work of art VA and I sat on my cheap ass 2 month's to long to find out he had closed the shop. I hope he didn't sell all those fine parts and will return soon. Nice rifle you got there varoadking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You just had to show that fine work of art VA and I sat on my cheap ass 2 month's to long to find out he had closed the shop. I hope he didn't sell all those fine parts and will return soon. Nice rifle you got there varoadking.

Yeah - I sure miss Clayton - I only got 3 garands out of him myself before he closed up shop.  The day he gets back in the game - if ever - I'm up for another one...or two...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top