Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:06:36 PM EDT
.22 version of M1 Carbine

Many many years ago I had a M1 Carbine but in a .22 version (yes I know its not a real M1) and am wondering how I can get my hands on another. Do they still make them or was I dreaming?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably had a Marlin Model 989 M2 carbine.  Google the last five words to learn more.  There are other .22LR copies out there.  Check out the firearms auction sites to see if any is available for sale.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Iver Johnson (actually Erma - West Germany) made  a .22 replica of the m-1 carbine.  Decent 22 but mine tends to jam.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Iver Johnson (actually Erma - West Germany) made  a .22 replica of the m-1 carbine.  Decent 22 but mine tends to jam.

Steve

A friend of mine bought one in the mid-80's, about 3 - 5 yrs before I moved to Colo. Don't know how it's held up. But it was a neat little gun.

They are out of production.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you mean the 5.7 spitfire or something like that.  Or Johnson.  I forget.  Fulton Armory has barrels and I think whole rifles in that wildcat round 5.7.   It's a .30 carbine case necked down to .22 caliber.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Steve

I've got one, same problem.  I tend to think it's the mag, as the spring seems kinda weak, but I've never seen any spares for sale.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve

I've got one, same problem.  I tend to think it's the mag, as the spring seems kinda weak, but I've never seen any spares for sale.

Had one as well.  Picky about ammo.  Need to be kept clean and field stripping the thing was a bit of a pain.  Not particularly hard, but several steps involved with several places to mess up.  Feed lips on the magazine were SHARP.  Numrich has listed mags from time to time, last price I saw was $35 for the ten rounders.  All in all a rather unimpressive effort.  Fun when it worked but not really worth the effort to keep the thing running.  Dumped mine when I got a "real" carbine. Long out of production.  For some reason Blue Book lists Ivor's as worth considerably less than the Erma's, tho they are the same gun.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Was made from 1965-1997 in Germany by Erma Werke, Dachau.More than 800.000 made during that time.One of the most popular 22 semis in Germany in the 60/70s.A Ruger 10/22 was much more expensive compared with an Erma.http://www.egun.de/market/uploaded/568689_431c4197242c3.jpghttp://www.cds-ehrenreich.de/ersatzt/images/small/em1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a buddy that had one of the Iver-Johnson's.  Same problem...jammed all the time.  Real pity too because they were a great-looking little .22 that really did make a nice "mini-me" to the M1 Carbine.  In fact, it would almost be worth buying just as a wall-hanger!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Shop near me has 2 for sale right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine works great. Is as reliable as, and more accurate than, either of my 10/22s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top