Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:35:25 PM EDT
Looking for Original Poly or Nork without weld slag or cut marks.

Thanx

Bd1
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking for Original Poly or Nork without weld slag or cut marks.

Thanx

Bd1

Post this in the wanted to buy section.  You may get one that way!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the thread different on the Castle Nut on the ChiCom from USGI?

I know the thread is different on the Gas Cyl. lock, but curious to know if the thread on the Castle nut is different too?

Any Experts Out There??

Different???

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the thread different on the Castle Nut on the ChiCom from USGI?

I know the thread is different on the Gas Cyl. lock, but curious to know if the thread on the Castle nut is different too?

Any Experts Out There??

Different???

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yes there is a difference but it's close enough that the Chinese BBL will accept the USGI nut with no problems.

USGI   19/32-32TPI ----------(.590 od)  

Chinese   15mm x 0.75-------(.586 od----approx 34TPI using American Standard TPG)

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My Poly Tech took a USGI flash suppressor nut just fine. Lube the threads, run the nut up and down a few times and the metric thread pitch will match the standard nut.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a few people that have used a USGI on a ploy with no problem just oil it up and run it down a few times with the f/h off so you don't cross it up and go slow till all fit's well and don't over tighten it and all should be well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top