Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 11:20:16 AM EDT
I usually hang out in the 1911 forum section but I am thinking about venturing into the M1A/M14 club and I have a few questions.

I will be looking for a rifle that when scoped will be able to consistently hit targets at 600 yards within 1-2 moa like my 700 PSS.  What are the differences in accuracy between the M1A Standard, Loaded Standard, and National Match as far as accuracy at this range? Can the standard and loaded standard perform this without modification?

should I also look into Fulton Armory , Entreprise Arms, or LRB Arms? (quality issues with SA)

Some web sites offer deals where you send in a stock and parts kit and they build it using their items, is this a good way to go  and where do you get complete kits that have quality parts?

Also I remember from my days in Group that the ordinary NM M14's we had, had really thick and heavy wood stocks, are the new NM's from Springfield the same?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the long list of ?'s.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
M14 accuracy depends on a GOOD barrel, trigger job, unitized gas system, NM oprod spring guide and glass bedding. Those are the major items. Add good ammo. You will also need a SEI or Sadlak or ARMS scope mount. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.m-14forum.com. I too am getting into the M14 scene and I have found this site helpful.www.battlerifles.com also has a good M-14 forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top