Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 12:48:32 PM EDT
2 1/2 years ago, I bought a rifle that was said to be "built" by a "company" that does Norinco/Polytec Mil Spec conversions.

There were 2 Rifle "Packages" that included the following:
Rifle
Bayo
Scope Mount
Scope (4x 12x40)
5 Mil Spec marked 20 rd mags
Mil Web Gear
Extra stocks (2) one wood, one fiberglass
1500 Rounds ball ammo
Misc parts

All for $1,000 per "package", so I bought both, passing one on to my brother.  The guy needed $$$ fast, and I even got an AR15 package that I posted about.

I attempted to verify that the rifle was in fact built by this "company" but their reply was something to the effect "everyone want's to claim we built their gun, we can't verifiy anything" .  Oh well, I can understand that.

I did however contact C.A.I. and they did confirm that the two rifle receivers were in fact sold as "stripped", so at least I know the rifles were "built" and not converted from a previously built rifle.

So here is what I got:

Receiver:  Marked:

M14 SPORTER
NORINCO CHINA
C.A.I.  ST ALB VT
SERIAL # C000XX

Bolt:  (Mil)

"TRW ZA"

Op Rod:  (MIL?)

w/eagle and 3 stars (like on the stock)

Op Rod Spring Guide and Gas Piston:  (COMM)
"BKFLD PREC. TL"

Barrel:  (MIL)

Winchester
-7790190-NOV 63- 41R-

Trigger Group:  (COMM MIX W/MIL??)

Only a number of 050829 but HAMMER is marked SA 05546015

Front Sight:

NM .062 (maybe .052 ?/MIL?)  

I have not located any other #'s, I have just looked in the "easy to see" places.  Any ideas on these parts??  The rifles came in "Egg Crate Foam" boxes, just like the ones on that "company" site.

Here is a photo of the "GUYS":

Top- SA M1A "GI ISSUE"
Middle- NORINCO "WHO KNOWS WHO BUILT IT"
Bottom- US Govt. M14 (w/o happy switch) Department Issued

The NORINCO when purchased, appeared unfired and was advertised as such, since owning it, I have put a few hundred rounds through it and it shoots great.  Any comments on the parts??

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'll try to not reproduce 1/3 of my book here. Here's what you have for sure: Winchester USGI operating rod, Brookfield Precision Tool operating rod spring guide and gas piston, Chinese trigger group with a USGI hammer.  

The Norinco rifle was imported by Century Arms International between 1990 and 1993, probably around 1990 or 1991.  Brookfield Precision Tool (BPT) parts were supplied to the U. S. Army for the XM25 and M25 but were also commercially available. BPT parts were made from 1988 to 1996.  I strongly suspect that the BPT parts were installed by the owner and not the gunsmith.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top