Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:15 PM EDT
So I went shooting today with my great uncle and he brought down a M1. I took a look at it and everything seems to be IBM, serial number 37002*** and " IBM Corp 9-43" stamped. The only thing thats not original on it is the stock. Its some synthetic thing with a folder on it thats uncomfortable as hell. Anyways, he ends up just giving me this rifle, and its begging to be put back in original condition. Does anybody know where I could find an IBM stock thats in semi-good condition? I know I'll have to shell out big time to get it, but its definatly worth it.

Thanks in Advance

Ace
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like nobody knows. Would any other USGI stock fit it, like a Inland or Winchester? Something along those lines.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the carbines were made to be interchangeable.  However, they dont all fit the same.  I'm not sure were to tell you to get a stock though.  Dang.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to jouster.com.   Some real fanatics over there and they will tell you what you need.  I don't recall which subcontractor made stocks for IBM.  I'm pretty certain IBM didn't make them themselves.  

M-2 potbelly stocks are pretty common and fairly reasonable.   A nice one should be less than a hundred, possibly quite a bit less.  If its just got to be the correct stock for an IBM be prepared to spend some serious coin.  Restoring carbines back to "original" is a real mania among carbine collectors.  Price of all carbine parts (and carbines) has gone through the roof in the last five years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like nobody knows. Would any other USGI stock fit it, like a Inland or Winchester? Something along those lines.

I've never had any problem inter changing G.I. stocks on my Winchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top