Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 4:59:20 PM EDT
I want a winchester or some cbrand that is not universal!  Where do you get them from?  How much should I pay.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1943 Inland, and If I remember correctly I paid $400.00 for it a couple of years ago.

I myself would never pay over $600.00 for a USGI M1 Carbine and there would have to be a few magazines with it for that price
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it inland is usgi?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They are fun, USGI ammo is getting a little harder to find these days but Federal and S&B still make some good ammo for them. I haven't tried any of the Wolf .30 Carbine yet
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
600$ is a bit more than I thought these would be.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep, the M1 Carbine is the one US military rifle of the twentieth century that I don't either own the real deal or the civvie copy of. What you get is way too far out of proportion to what you pay.
As long as it takes five or six hundred bucks to get what is more like a two or three hundred dollar gun, I'll just have to be happy without one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
THe price on the Carbines has really went up in the last year, magazines have gone up as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Unforturnately, the M1 Carbine market has gone crazy in the last few years. With the popularity of reenactors, Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, et. al., people are paying all kinds of crazy prices for them. If I did not already have my Winchester, I doubt I would buy one today at the prices they command now.

I would start off with recommending you get some books on the Carbine and study up on them. There were 11 different USGI contractors of the M1 Carbine. There were also several different commercial copies made other than Universal and they do NOT command the value that USGI does and they never will. Some won't hardly even function either. One key to not getting ripped off is to educate yourself on what you want and what it is going for. You can also visit gunshows, keep your eye on the classifieds and get The Gunlist. Maybe, just maybe you can find a deal on one. I have seen some beaters going for $350 and better. It is definately a sellers market.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok...... Plainfield, commercial copy of USGI. All USGI parts will interchange. gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36770184

Or Iver Johnson if you can find one.

any details on that one?  I can just put that in a normal stock?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok...... Plainfield, commercial copy of USGI. All USGI parts will interchange. gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36770184

Or Iver Johnson if you can find one.

any details on that one?  I can just put that in a normal stock?

AA USGI stock will work on it, all of the aftermarket .30 carbines were hit or miss as far as depenability
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It's all fine and dandy, to me I just wanted to shoot a rifle that fought in a war that preserved my freedom and one of those rifles were the M1 Carbine, so I bought one. Even though the one I have never seen actual combat, it was the type and style that fought in a war. So I bought the Auto-Ordnance M1 carbine. I love to shoot it.

Everytime I fire off a shot It gives me that feeling of when our soilder fired theirs. The feel of the stock, the butt plate jammed in my shoulder, the sound, the recoil, thats all I was after. The feel of the M1 .30 carbine rifle. It's great. I even sent it back for a walnut stock upgrade. Now it's even closer to the real-thing.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I could'nt have said that better myself. I would snap one up in a heart beat if I could get one for around $300.  What's the going price for an Auto Ordnance?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I could'nt have said that better myself. I would snap one up in a heart beat if I could get one for around $300.  What's the going price for an Auto Ordnance?

Brand New $450
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I paid more then 600 for my IBM, but it was in nice shape, had a great BBL, and came with strippers, lots of mags, spare bolt, and GI pouches and such. Shoots very nicely, got it from one of the gents on this board. I have to hide it from the wife as I get the feeling she will assimalate it.

I am happy with it tho, all I ever saw around here were either beat USGIs or POS Universals and I wanted one to go with the Garands and 1911A1s. I just wish I had bought that Johnson 10 years ago for 600 bucks. Was in perfect condition. Now they are way more then I could afford.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Go USGI
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I want a winchester or some cbrand that is not universal!  Where do you get them from?  How much should I pay.  

chapperjoe,

Where are you located? I know of an excellent place that has exactly what you want: authentic documented WWII M1 Carbines, and any other type of military weapons. I've been buying from them almost exclusively for many years because they have the real deals and stand behind their stuff.

IM me if interested.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I built mine using an Iver Johnson receiver back in the early 90's, around $300.  Fun gun, no problems at all. I got the receiver from a dealer on one of those gun mags.

Or check this company out...I lived 15 minutes from them back when I was in Kali...a little bit on the pricey side though... USGI Rifles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top