Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:07:36 AM EDT
A few weeks ago someone here mention the type of grease that can be used on the M1 carbine bolt I need to get some just don't know what to get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the USGI stuff (little container with the yellow cap)  you can get a whole box at a funshow for cheap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I use the USGI stuff (little container with the yellow cap)  you can get a whole box at a funshow for cheap.

FunShow, I have not been to one of those in 20 years, there used to be a great one at the Stratford CT. Armory. I miss it a lot. The state of CT basically banned it from there so theres goes my local FunShow. Someone mentioned here a grease/lube that could be bought from Walmart auto dept. that would be fine for a grease. Only if I could find that link....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Jut grab a copy of Shotgun news. I see CUP GREASE advertised frequently with the Garand parts.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The USGI lube was called Plastilube. I got something thats the same formula called Lubriplate from a GM car dealership.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up some from the auto store and now my M1 is properly greased and oiled.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a small container of grease that I got from my grandpa...it may actually be from WWII....but it still works in my carbine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a small container of grease that I got from my grandpa...it may actually be from WWII....but it still works in my carbine.

Can you ship a little to me? I would like to keep it with my M1 Carbine as a originality jesture.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A few weeks ago someone here mention the type of grease that can be used on the M1 carbine bolt I need to get some just don't know what to get.

This is the grease you want.
Lubriplate 130aThis is what the military used in WWII
Buy one can of it and it may last you your whole life.
Matt
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the grease you want.
Lubriplate 130aThis is what the military used in WWII
Buy one can of it and it may last you your whole life.
Matt

Thanks a whole lot for that link, I ordered the 14oz container. I will use it right away as soon as I get it and then I'm good to go.......WWII style
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top