Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:02:59 PM EDT
Anyone have the velocity of a spec M2 round?

I just did a load with 150 gr FMJ load in LC cases (49.4 grains of AA2230C in front of a CCI primer in an  LC 68 case) and it averaged 2782 in a 7 shot string.

I bought an adjustable gas plug but have not put it in yet.  I just don't want to overload the gas system.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Muzzel velocity of M2 Ball is 2800fps
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I think yours load is right on.  As far as velocity goes.  As far as the powder,  I have no idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
might want to try the competition or reloading section, they may give you some more info

with that ball powder,  how big was the flash???

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
might want to try the competition or reloading section, they may give you some more info

with that ball powder,  how big was the flash???

There was not that much noticeable flash and I was in the semi-shade when I set up the chronograph.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to bend something with a too hot load.  According to the data that I got from Accurate Arms, it was within pressure specs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Official GI specs was 2790fps measured 79' from the muzzle with a 150gr flate base M2 FMJ bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top