Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 5:50:04 PM EDT
This is my Garand in all of its glory.  The only problem that it had was some pitting on the right rear corner of the receiver and a cracked rear handguard.

It is mostly Springfield Armory but does have an H&R bolt and a Winchester trigger guard.  

I used Purple Power mixed with water to soak the stocks and carburetor cleaner in a can to soak the gunked up internals in.

The stock has about 20 coats of linseed oil on it but no stain.

And best of all, I ran 24 rounds downrange on Monday and it didn't miss a beat.

Here are a couple of pictures.  Enjoy.  And thanks to the help getting the pictures posted.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet M1!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  I've wanted to get a Garand for some time now.  The dealer I bought my SA M1A NM from had a WWII era Winchester that I thought long and hard about.  That's a great rifle you have there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top