Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 5:35:14 PM EDT
Held one in my hands today and now I want one.

They have one with a wood stock and one with a synthetic stock. I am definitely getting wood.
These are new guns and the price is $1,299.  I've read here in the past that there are quality
issues with Springfield M1A rifles, but I also know they have a lifetime warranty.

Should I hold out for a cheaper used Polytech/Norinco from a gunshow or just get a
Springfield? What kind of money are the Chinese M1As going for these days?

Springfield M1A:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of each and a new SOCOM.. Go with Springfield, they really live up to the warantee.  One of mine is perfect, the other (NM) needed some bolt work.  The NM will now shoot a sub 1/2 inch group at 100 meters with Berger 168 grain pills driven by TAC.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Does look very nice. I am fondling my Springfield Scout right now. It came in black fiberglass but I bought a nice wood stock for it from Fred's.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Held one in my hands today and now I want one.

They have one with a wood stock and one with a synthetic stock. I am definitely getting wood.

Uhhh  We all know you like the rifle (hey we do too!) but we HOPE that you are speaking about the stock!!!  

I've owned several Springfields and Polytechs and have not seen a noticable difference between the two in performance.  

The Polytech has a much better receiver at a much better price.  The parts are not "U.S.G.I." (but then any recent Springfield Armory Inc. rifle is not much U.S.G.I. parts if any!)  

However, if you need service, then Springfield is around relatively local.

BIGGER_HAMMER

www.springfield-armory.com/images/rifles/MA9102Large.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top