Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:45:15 PM EDT
How often do you take your bolts apart to clean them?

What oils, grease, sovents do you use?

What do you think of FP-10? I just started using this on my carbine, good idea, or no?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think I have ever taken my bolt apart on mine, as far as cleaning goes I use Clenzoil for the cleaning and Grease for the lube
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
raf,
Do you have to use grease? Can the M1 carbine be treated like a regular rifle when cleaning? I have shot 500 rounds and cleaned my M1 twice, but I cleaned it in the same manor as my AR. Am I doing any damage to my M1 carbine by not using grease. NOW, I affraid i'm damaging it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Taking apart the bolt on the Carbine is a PITA if you do not have the special bolt tool to do it. I would not suggest you do it unless absolutely necessary.

Make sure you when you clean the bore with solvents you invert the rifle (upside down) otherwise the solvent will go through the gas port and gunk it up.

A light dab of grease on the shiney parts around the bolt, etc. is good enough. Not using grease will cause premature wear over time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have taken mine completely apart (except for the bolt) a few times and cleaned it.  I found a some great info on another site that I will have to find the link to, a while back that had a lot of great info on general upkeep.  I also had to clean out the gas port on mine cause it got all gunked up and the action didn't work for shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top