Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:55:32 PM EDT
I have an M1 carbine, and I have recently been looking for books on it.
I'm not really looking for historical books, more technical manuals.
If you guys could help - I'd be in your debt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]

try www.amherst-depot.com

email Jay, he will likely have what you need
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The absolute BEST technical book ever written on the M1 Carbine is Jerry Kuhnhausen's  book "The US .30 Caliber Gas Operated Carbines: A Shop Manual.

This is a book written for gunsmiths and covers EVERYTHING known about the mechanics of the carbine, including:
100% disassembly.
Reassembly.
Parts check out, and dimensions.
Gas cylinder work.
Barrel work.
Trouble shooting.
Rebuilding.

And more.

Price is around $30.00 from Brownell's, MidwayUSA, and can be ordered from most online or local book sellers.

This is the best money a carbine owner can spend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you guys
this will be a huge help, and hopefully it will answer all the questions i have
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Kuhnhausen is great for gunsmiths.  I even have one.  But most people will be as well off getting Scott Duff's M-1Carbine Owner's Guide from fulton-armory.com .  Covers everything you need to know (even some non-gunsmith stuff not in Kuhnhausen) unless you are actually going to do things like re-barreling and so forth.   Costs a sight less, too.

Thanks RAF i was hoping you would chime in.
I think that book suits my needs better but in true ARFCOM fashion I'm going to get both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top