Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 2:06:39 PM EDT
I took the Norinco M1A out this week and althoughsome groups came in pretty tight, I had others that didn't even want to land on the paper.  Here is the rundown of "the facts" I found over the day:

1.  Tried Aussie .308 and South African .308, SA slightly better, but both having the similar problem.

2. castle nut had worked itself loose due to missing set screw.  Fron sight/FH still seemed tight. (getting replacement set screw this week- was missing when I got rifle and Brownells was out of stock)

3.  Gas plug came loose during firing.  Kept tightening up by hand, but like a dummy I left my M10 tool in my other stock (swapped stocks to synthetic that morning, had left tool in wood stock- plan to get another so each stock has one).

4.  Rear sight assmebly was tight, no probelms with looseness at all.

5.  Only got 3 hours of sleep night before.  Call me a dumbass for that.

6.  trying to shoot on a a black 6" bullseye target at 50 yards, had a tough time finding the front sight post when aiming at the taget (will switch to better targets next time)

7. Tried prone and kneeling position

I assume #2 and #3 (and #5) are the major causes of my problems?  

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
that loose FS and gas plug means stuff is rattling when you're firing.  Tightening them down TIGHT should help.  You might want to spend the $7 for a shim kit to shim your gas system and front band.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top