Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:34:30 PM EDT
For those who own one and reload, I know the hornady 110 Vmax works great with  very light recoil. i'm wondering if anyone has tried and found another "cheaper/plinker" light weight round that works successfully?? If so please share your data.
thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody loads this???????
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmm.  Let's see if this makes sense?

1.  You buy a short barrelled rifle that's lighter and more manueverable than an M1A / M14S.
2.  You want to lessen the recoil of the .308 by loading really light weight bullets.
3.  You spent way more money than a SOCOM is really worth.

Gee, it seems that perhaps you should have bought an AR15 in .223.  It would have met all your requirements for about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree, I have 4 ARs of various configs and just bought a SOCOM so I would make certain I have a short rifle that will penetrate body armor if necessary.  I have decided to keep my SOCOM for the same ammo as my M14s.  I found that there is less than an inch difference within 200 meters between my match and army ball. (I have an ammo box of linked 7.62 from my army competition days, M-60. [3 time 6th army maching gun champion, [threefeathers bragging]) So I have two mags loaded with ball, a tracer as last round.
I keep two bandoliers of handloaded ammo ready so I can use it for my M1A, Savage Tactical, or the SOCOM.
I keep two bandoliers ready for the M-4s, each ready rifle is in a UTG soft case.  Each soft case has an emergency handgun in 9mm because that is the caliber the military has.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow Russ4777 you have no idea of what comes out of your mouth do you?? Who says I don't have AR's ??? I have 6 to be exact.  Who said I want to lessen the recoil??? I asked about the load as the 110grn round is said to work the best in the gun.  And who knows where you get ". You spent way more money than a SOCOM is really worth." You don't have a damn clue what I spent let alone what I  can afford. It's idiots like you who come into peoples threads with ZERO helpful info but think you know everything and try telling everyone your opinion when it was never asked!! Man do the world a favor and close your pie whole!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top