Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 7:00:46 AM EDT
My Dad saw this stuff.  It's marked M80 7.62 but it is also tagged Century Arms.  Is this Lake City??  He didn't know to look at the rim.  Does anybody have experience with this.  He said its $ 60 for 400 rounds on stripper clips and I think battle packs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like Indian - did you see the headstamp?  If you can post a headstamp someone would be able to give you a definitive answer.  If it is Indian - run away!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I checked the headstamp and it was somethign like OMF or OFV.  

Comes on strippers in green fabric bandoliers with some red stampings on the bandoliers.  The ammo cans have 400 rounds packed in them in the bandoliers and had a paper inspection tag on the undesrside of the lid and yellow stenciled writing on the sides of the can.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
That's indian...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's indian...

Stay away
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I checked the headstamp and it was somethign like OMF or OFV.  

Comes on strippers in green fabric bandoliers with some red stampings on the bandoliers.  The ammo cans have 400 rounds packed in them in the bandoliers and had a paper inspection tag on the undesrside of the lid and yellow stenciled writing on the sides of the can.  

Yep, it is Indian - run away!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
why?

thanks dawg180 for confirming info!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It does not have a good reputation for consistancy. Find some SA ammo, better stuff altogether and reasonable. AIM has it for a decent price. Been happy with all I have gotten.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that same stufff at the Peoria Gander Mountain.  I thought that it had BDR stenciled on the side of the can.  The cans all looked like they had been under water but they still had a lead seal wire attached.

I figured it was junk if they had it that cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top