Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:45 PM EDT
This stuff looks interesting...

Tough, pebble finish + rubbery texture =positive grip

But, too thick, maybe? Anyone here do this yet?

link
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought about doing that, but I think it would add too much bulk to the stock. I didn't like the texture very much.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, adds quite a bit of texture to the stock and helps to patch up a crappy fiberglass stock that is dinged up.  Just be sure to keep it away from the lockup areas (under receiver and inside trigger well)

I got a bit too agressive with it and it's a bit rough.  I'm going to knock it back with some sandpaper and repaint.

Edited to add:
The product I used is Dupli-Color or something like that.  It goes on with a roller and might be a bit more rugged than the spray on stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I did, used a $5 can of spray--on from Walmart.  It's tough and hard to chip.  Then, I sprayed on ultraflat green and black stripes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
 the stocks are tough enough for me as it is.  plus I think that stuff give me a rash worse than razer burn!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I did, used a $5 can of spray--on from Walmart.  It's tough and hard to chip.  Then, I sprayed on ultraflat green and black stripes.

sparti, what was the product/brand you used?

I agree though, the one in the pics in the link looks kind of hinky...too bulky and thick mebbre. I don't want the "fried chicken" look...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top