Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 1:15:22 PM EDT
Well I made contact with Warbird, and he will be fitting the trw bolt to my M-14S.  I am going to just give the M-14 system a try again.   Thanks for your input.  Now I just need to find more mags for this beast.  
Cheers James
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out ArmaLites Website, they had M14 magazines for $35.00 each www.armalite.com/
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
www.eliteguns.com  Go to mags/clips, and click on the "buy with paypal" button to find the 20 rounder purchase option.  I just got my 6 mags for $25 each, and they are all USGI marked excellent condition (justa  little finish wear from rubbing in the packaging).

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw it I cant stand it anymore, it is on the EE now. Maybe this will end my problems of indecision.
James
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Screw it I cant stand it anymore, it is on the EE now. Maybe this will end my problems of indecision.
James

I thought you were sending it to Warbird and keeping it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I was but I did a trade and ended up with a Devine SA and  Ihave an M1 garand in 308.  but like I said this thing is mocking me.  I think since it was an unfinished project from a dead friend and I have piles of his guns I just wnat to get rid of it.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.eliteguns.com  Go to mags/clips, and click on the "buy with paypal" button to find the 20 rounder purchase option.  I just got my 6 mags for $25 each, and they are all USGI marked excellent condition (justa  little finish wear from rubbing in the packaging).

I think these are the same fake USGI mags that are being sold on gunbroker. They look good, but have you tried them for function?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:13:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think these are the same fake USGI mags that are being sold on gunbroker. They look good, but have you tried them for function?

Yes I have, I bought 5 of them and they are BSW-R1 marked USGI producition and function 100%.  They have the proper number of welds and the proper magazine notch.  Several people on M14forum can also verify they are USGI production.  

See the tacked thread at the top of the M1/M1A forum for a description of the fake USGI mags, or go over to M14forum.com and look in their magazine forum to find a full description of the fake USGI mags.  I believe the fake ones are "W" or Western marked ones.  I have no knowledge of BSW-R1 marked fake mags, nor have I ever read any reports of fake BSW-R1 mags.

[ETA]  sorry for the hijack, just trying to clarify the other posters question.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top