Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 10:11:21 PM EDT

Thanks to everyone who has advised me on the M1A, I picked this over the AR10, FAL, and DPMS AP4, and I am very glad I did   It's an awesome shooter.

DETAILED Range report w/ my M4gery HERE with lots of pictures....

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!

Did you get the stock from Clyde's?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Very nice!

Did you get the stock from Clyde's?

Yes sir

Had to wait 1.5 weeks from Clyde's or 1 month from SecurityArms
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
DANG IT!!!!  No more killing stories with an AR?  Well, I guess it's time to move on.  Everyone needs change.  You'll be culling critters quick with that thing.  It's got your style written all over it.  A la Aimpoint!!!!  Very nice!!!!  Does it handle as nice as the carbine?  Is it too heavy.  I held a socom in a wood stock the other day, and what struck me was how light it was compared to my dad's loaded or my garand.  The things seemed like it weighed about as much as an a2 hbar.  Happy hunting!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DANG IT!!!!  No more killing stories with an AR?  Well, I guess it's time to move on.  Everyone needs change.  You'll be culling critters quick with that thing.  It's got your style written all over it.  A la Aimpoint!!!!   Very nice!!!!  Does it handle as nice as the carbine?  Is it too heavy.  I held a socom in a wood stock the other day, and what struck me was how light it was compared to my dad's loaded or my garand.  The things seemed like it weighed about as much as an a2 hbar.  Happy hunting!!!

I think that is a Trijicon mounted on the weapon
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
DANG IT!!!!  No more killing stories with an AR?  Well, I guess it's time to move on.  Everyone needs change.  You'll be culling critters quick with that thing.  It's got your style written all over it.  A la Aimpoint!!!!  Very nice!!!!  Does it handle as nice as the carbine?  Is it too heavy.  I held a socom in a wood stock the other day, and what struck me was how light it was compared to my dad's loaded or my garand.  The things seemed like it weighed about as much as an a2 hbar.  Happy hunting!!!

I'll still switch back & forth between the two for hog hunts It's an 18" barrel, though very maneuverable, just not as fast as the carbine, that's expected since it's 2lbs heavier & 2" longer.
It's heavier than stock form, but one gets use to it after awhile, the human body adapts over time

Sandblaster is corect, it's a Trijicon Tri-power.

There's a link to a detailed range report in the original post...

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
OMFG

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OMFG

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Thank you for the comps gents, my wife think it's ugly  She likes the M4gery more...
When one plans to own only ONE M1A, one has to spruce it up big time
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Awsome! Mine is close. It's black and has a 1.5-5 Leupols VXIII on it. I love the rifle, and get better groups at 100 yards with it than any other rifle (including bolt guns) I own. It just suites me. Damn, think I need to take it to the range this weekend! Thanks for the post!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Very Nice.

What model is the Aimpoint?

Why silver?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Post link to Clydes...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Very Nice.

Why silver?

Thanks gents...

It's a Trijicon TriPower.

Why NavySeal's gray, very rare finish, even Fulton Armory don't even carry the gray, only Clyde is direct dist. for NavySeal gray. It's the same finish as the Navy Seal's so the finish has to be good, and the majority of the public will probably have the black EBR, so wanted mine to be different.

Clyde buy NavySeal's in bulk, SecurityArms has to special order gray EBR per order.

Clyde's Armory Link
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:09:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very Nice.

Why silver?

Thanks gents...

It's a Trijicon TriPower.

Why NavySeal's gray, very rare finish, even Fulton Armory don't even carry the gray, only Clyde is direct dist. for NavySeal gray. It's the same finish as the Navy Seal's so the finish has to be good, and the majority of the public will probably have the black EBR, so wanted mine to be different.

Clyde buy NavySeal's in bulk, SecurityArms has to special order gray EBR per order.

Clyde's Armory Link

I thought it was in the white, needing to be finished.  What kind of finish is it, a bake on?   Does Clyde offer a military/leo discount also?   Seems he has a good price already.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I thought it was in the white, needing to be finished.  What kind of finish is it, a bake on?   Does Clyde offer a military/leo discount also?   Seems he has a good price already.

HERE is the story on the NAVY GRAY anodized finish.

Contact Andrew @ Clyde's about LEO/Military discounts.

This my rare Navy Gray EBR I purchased from Clyde's about a year ago.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Very Cool.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
H20Man,

You need to come down to Tx for the case of beer   we discussed then we could take the gray twins to the range.   Very nice looking SEI vortex,  just noticed your gray EBR is full sized, not ChopMod, interesting.

Do you hunt w/ yours?, or just range & field work, and room clearing
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
H20Man,

You need to come down to Tx for the case of beer   we discussed then we could take the gray twins to the range.   Very nice looking SEI vortex,  just noticed your gray EBR is full sized, not ChopMod, interesting.
Do you hunt w/ yours?, or just range & field work, and room clearing

If I ever make it back to Texas I will take you up on your offer of beers after some quality range time.

You have a good eye - my Navy Gray is a full length EBR - one of only 25 made.
The Vortex is the DC version that accepts the sound suppressor. This set up requires one of 3 SEI GLFS.

Have you had a chance to shoot your rig much?
I'm waiting on mine to return from SEI so I can empty some magazines

Also, I noticed your stock has a few additional holes in it for further weight reduction - very nice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Also, I noticed your stock has a few additional holes in it for further weight reduction - very nice.

You didn't see the link to a detailed range report at top of page, below the pictures.  Very sweet shooter.  

All the new EBRs are now ChopMods, w/ additional holes for weight reduction. From what I was quoted, Sage has discontinueded full size EBRs only Chopmods.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't see the link to a detailed range report at top of page, below the pictures.  Very sweet shooter.  

All the new EBRs are now ChopMods, w/ additional holes for weight reduction. From what I was quoted, Sage has discontinueded full size EBRs only Chopmods.

Very nice range report and pictures. thanks for the link -- somehow I missed it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#22]
oh yeah, a trijicon.  I think that's the first time I've seen someone mount one of those suckers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Very nice range report and pictures. thanks for the link -- somehow I missed it.

Thank you sir

JJrea:
Reason I chose the Trijicon Tripower over Aimpoint cause my Trijicon will ALWAYS have the chevron even when the power is off due to the fiber optics.  Similar to Aimpoint reddot system, though it's a Chevron dot, non zooming, parallax free optic, both eyes open bush rifle setup; Here piggiiiieee

It really has quad-power, not TriPower:
Battery, FiberOptics tube, Tritium system, and  Cyalume chemical light stick (which I have also, shake & light)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top