Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 5:56:40 PM EDT
Ok Boys- Whatcha think?

My buddy (Joe Stansbury on Snipershide.com) and I decided to build ourselves up a couple of DMR's to use out on our long distance range. We started off with a couple of the Fulton Armory receiver "blems" that the Dealer Warehouse was advertising in Shotgun News. We were told that the receivers were dimensionally correct but that they were lightly stamped- but you'd be hard pressed to tell. So we ordered 2 and to our surprise the receivers looked perfect and you would be hard pressed to tell they were lightly stamped as the markings looked normal. A bonus was that they were sequentially serial numbered. Here's where it went from there.....

For mine, I decided to go with a USMC DMR clone.

-Fulton Armory Receiver
-Barnett medium weight barrel
-USMC M2A stock
-All H&R USGI parts
-NM reamed flash suppressor
-Smith Enterprise scope mount
-Leupold 3.5-10x40 w/ M3 knobs- I know the real one uses a fixed 10x but I find the variable        more versatile.
-Standard Badger rings (Badger DMR rings are on the way)
-Harris bipod 9-13" w/ swivel and Pod-Loc
-Turner leather sling

The rifle was chambered and bedded by George Gardner and crew over at G.A. Precision. This has been done for a little while now and what fun it is to shoot steel out to 700yds. This rifle is just AWESOME and I am extremely pleased.

Here are the specs of Joe's rifle:

-Fulton Armory M14 receiver
-Barnett Medium weight barrel
-Sage EBR stock which we Duracoated O.D. Green
-TRW bolt
-H&R trigger group
-SAK marked op rod
-all other parts USGI
-NM reamed flash suppressor
-K.A.C. rings
-Leupold 3.5-10x40 illuminated w/ M3 knobs
-A.I. sling
-Harris 9-13" bipod
-Gas Cylinder shimmed in place

With the exception of the chambering, which was done by G.A. Precision, the rest we assembled ourselves using Kuhnhausins shop manual.

We didn't get Joes rifle out to the range yet- other than a test fire in my backyard which was flawless.
It was dark out so we couldn't get good detailed pics- but we'll be sure to get more later!

So how'd we do????
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You both did GREAT!!!

M1As kick ass!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
THey look great....................Where did you get your stock from?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Kick ass rifles.

Max
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the M2A from McMillan, it has the adjustable cheekpiece but I opted not to get the adjustable LOP as the normal stock fit fine.
The Sage came from Clyde's Armory in Bogart Georgia.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The Sage came from Clyde's Armory in Bogart Georgia.

+1 for Clyde's - Ask for Josh or Andrew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top