Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 1:53:56 PM EDT
Is it possible to strip a Poly bolt and put the pieces in a stripped TRW or do I have to buy new pieces?  Is this even advisable?  If it is ok, how do I do it?  Sorry, I'm completely new to the M1A thing and just got my Poly back from Tim "Warbird" Strait getting the TRW to fit the Poly but now I have no idea how to finish it.  Thanks a lot for any responses in advance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to replace the questionable Chinese parts of which the bolt group is one. Keep the parts for emergency spares, but install new USGI parts in bolt.

Shoot the gun as is but monitor the trigger group for wear. (hammer and trigger) If you see a deal on USGI Trigger group buy it. (less than $80)

Since you will be ordering parts get 1 or 2 Op rod springs also.

And yes the Chinese parts should fit and work in the GI bolt.

Get the US Army manual-----

TM9-1005-223-12

It will show you all about your rifle.

Also see-------www.springfield-armory.com/Manuals/M1AManual.pdf

www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/fm23_8/FM23_8A.pdf

www.imageseek.com/m1a/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top