Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:41:43 PM EDT
going to chop a freds fiberglass stock down. its going on a socom and when its used with body armour its just to long. i bought a freds and i plan on chopping it down and putting a rubber pad on just wondering who has done this and which pad to use. also going to mount some rails then finish it off with some duracoat.thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Only Pic I have right now, I can get you some detail pics....
I filled the cleaning kit holes with "Pigputty" chopped the stock down even with the old pad pivot area. I used a Limbsaver large  pad, Only thing may local shop had. and sanded it to fit, HINT use wd40 to lube your sanding paper. I also filled in the rear sling loop hole and moved the stock front loop to the port side. added a bipod stud to the bottom. Finish it in tan Duracoat... Ive thought about popping a few of these out and selling them on the EE....Udog
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I section the stocks I do and put them back together so they still have the use of the USGI butt plate. I have done a few for the US Navy and now working on a few for some PD's for use with Body Armor.

I just don't like lopping the butt of the stock off making the impact area even smaller.

Just my opinion,

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did the same thing with my PD-issued M14. I put a cheap slip-on pad on there for the meantime, but eventually will mount something better.

It handles much better now in armor, so I know exactly where you are coming from on this one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the replies. how could i section it? chop out a middle section?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top