Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 9:25:27 AM EDT
If you don't like quiz questions please don't go on Thanks

Gentlemen,
During testing on the finish for the M1 Garand who did not want the use of Parkerizing on the M1 Garand Rifle and Why??

Have fun with this one.

NEED a FEW HITS thanks
Sites:
http://www.garandm1rifle.com

http://www.users.fast.net/~eclancy
Email:
[email protected]

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read and reply to this
Clancy
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordanance Department, and my theory is they wanted to the rifle to be blued as they felt it was a better quality finish.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Gentlemen,
The answer to this quiz is as follows:
SA did not want to use Parkerizing because they said that sand blasting was not to be used on parts.
Thanks again
Clancy
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the parts were parked as is, did not know they blasted as prep for park.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ekie,
Remember, this was early on with what type of finish was to be used.
Thanks again
Clancy
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
OK that was Springfield's arguement against parking, but in the end the parts were parked, but not blasted?  I just can't picture blasting every part prior to parking and assembly, what a mess that would be.  Plus the dimensional changes to the part from blasting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top