Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 3:04:07 PM EDT
What is the deal with this guy?  I ordered an H&R stock over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.  It takes him along time to answer emails.  

I told him I wanted a birch H&R stock with all correct cartouches.  He had me put in an order for a walnut H&R stock through the website and he said he would find me a birch H&R.

I hope I don't get a replacement H&R without cartouches.  It takes him awhile to answer emails and he doesn't answer completely.  I don't know if he is confused or what?

Scott
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
cmon.... Fred makes no appologies for how long he takes or his lack of communication. if you read his add in SGN he clearly says he will take his sweet ass time so dont call or complain. says pretty much the same thing on his website too. he wont rip you off, he will send you a product that exceeds your expectation, you just have to wait.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently ordered a synthetic stock from his website. It was as he described it in his ad. No problems at all. I did read how some stocks would take longer to find because they have to go though quite a few to find one in any given condition.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
cmon.... Fred makes no appologies for how long he takes or his lack of communication. if you read his add in SGN he clearly says he will take his sweet ass time so dont call or complain. says pretty much the same thing on his website too. he wont rip you off, he will send you a product that exceeds your expectation, you just have to wait.

+1, Don't be in a hurry, you will get it and he will even throw in a new upper handguard.

My last order took 4 weeks, and the order before that was shipped to me in 3 days.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I order from Fred's all the time, and never have a problem with As New Synthitc stocks even thought he is getting low.

If you wanted just a Stock more than likely you would have it or it would be on the way.

Now say you want a certain H&R Birch stock with all the correct stamps.......Now one has to go find one and that can take time.

Karsten
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I was getting worried.  I will just wait longer.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, I would assume an H&R would be correct for a 1960s era stock.

When was the switch from Walnut to Birch?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know info about switching stocks and all but you might find the answer here

http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/

In the Link to  "The History and Development of the M14 Rifle"

Different did a lot of research on the who did, where did it come from and why was it's for his book.

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Also, I would assume an H&R would be correct for a 1960s era stock.

When was the switch from Walnut to Birch?

Yellow birch became the standard wood for the M14 stock during the first half of 1961.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 to Fred....took a long time but I got more that I expected.  Fred is a CAT!

"G"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"G"

Fred is actually Jack's DOG

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for ruining it Karsten.

What abour Santa?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:16:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks for ruining it Karsten.

What abour Santa?

Santa is NOT a dog...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#13]
if you email him, put HEY FRED in the subject line so he knows it's not spam
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Got it today.  I am happy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I just received an order from him today, was not expecting it since I just ordered on the first of August, and had to reorder on the second to fix a mistake I had made. Blew me away, seven days.  This was my third time ordering from Fred's, been pleased every time. Hope I'm not coming due for my "order from hell" experience.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered a TRW TG and some handguards from him last thursday and got them Tuesday. 5 days with a Sunday in there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I ordered a TRW TG and some handguards from him last thursday and got them Tuesday. 5 days with a Sunday in there.

Dang!

It must be luck of the draw on how fast an order get's processed.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a stock and two books Tuesday, order arrived today.  Outstanding!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a stock and 3 cleaning kits on Monday and I got it all today.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#20]
"Fred' is an asshat of the highest order. I will NEVER buy anything from him nor recommend him to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I put in my order for a synthetic and a birch excellent stock plus some other odds and ends last friday, and I am praying it shows up tomorrow.  If not I am kind of screwed as the wood on my current Norinco sotck is compressed around the trigger group and the mag won't lock in properly, and I was hoping to take it out on Sunday.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"G"

Fred is actually Jack's DOG

Karsten

This is Fred

I just noticed on Freds site that they are taking phone orders again
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"G"

i thought freddy HAD a cat, not WAS a cat!

gotta say, i had a bad experience last year ordering from fred's but i went ahead and made another order last week and i got my stocks and stuff in a couple days AND they included a free gift! happy camper here...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top