Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:04:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...After all every one NEEDS a battle rifle in 7.62 .......... right ...... ?  

YES they Do!

I have had no problems at all with my ©1980's SA M1A, it came with all USGI (mostly TRW) parts.
now, current production M1A's, as you may have read here and elsewhere are having a few problems.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
You would think somone who is site staff would know how to use the Search button, wouldn't you?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You would think somone who is site staff would know how to use the Search button, wouldn't you?  

I can vouch for Dawg180.  This subject comes up like once a day on here.  O.K. maybe not twice that much.  But there are some good threads on this already.  The funny thing is last time this came up, I suggested the questioner to do a search because we're all tired of talking about it, but then everybody went on to state their position.  Either way, you'll either get some good info or if you search you should be able to find some in this forum.  Also, they are very cool rifles.  I just fondled a socom last night at the range.  The guy had put it in a wood stock and it was sweet.  I was surprised to see how much lighter it was than my dad's loaded.  Or my garand.  It was alot lighter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Be nice, if it wasn't for the site programing nerds, this place would crash way more the it already does.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I was being nice, that is why I used the "abused" smiley.   But I'll add my two cents (and hopefully something a bit more useful to the thread):

Well, I should be able to tell you how a Norinco/Polytech M1A stacks up assuming everything in my current deal works out well!

I have done some research through the threads, and I think the general consensus is taht the Springfield M1A's are good rifles out of the box.  A few people have had problems with the newer ones, but SA has good customer service and will make anything right that isn't.  Or as one poster said "Shoot it and don't worry about it.  If something breaks, you have a warranty!"

It is a damn good question why they cost so much, but I think the answer is #1, SA is the only one making them for under $2K, and #2, they simply aren't produce on the scale of an AR.  The M1A seems to be a bit more of a nice market these days, and if it wasn't for Ex-Marines, I suspect no one would be buying them!

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The M1A seems to be a bit more of a nice market these days, and if it wasn't for Ex-Marines, I suspect no one would be buying them!

This ex-bubblehead has a few.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do new commercial M1A's stack up to surplus ?There are no surplus M1A's

good vs bad in commercial internals vs G.I.  Always shoot for USGI parts

and why do the damn things cost so much  Because they are the Best!!

One of my future purchases will be a M1A and Im just tryin to pick up some general info prior to buying one LRB Arms

Monies are tight right now so it will have to sit on the back burner til things loosen up but theres defenitly one in my futureI'm sure Lou will accomidate you with a payment plan, just ask

After all every one NEEDS a battle rifle in 7.62 .......... right ...... ?  Rule of Two always has worked for me

Your answers are above
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top