Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 6:51:17 PM EDT
I'm weighing the options of replacing or refinishing my Garand stock.  The stock I received from CMP is in pretty good shape, but has a small chip on the handguard, a few small dings and the handguards are not the same color as the stock.  Although none of these things are a big deal I would consider replacing this stock if the price, quality and fit was good.

What's the deal on replacement stocks?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Boyds or Weing. I own both. The Boyds is a bit on the fatter side.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Boyds or Weing. I own both. The Boyds is a bit on the fatter side.

Thank you sir.  I had heard that the boyds was a little thicker so was looking for other choices.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
also to comb on the boyds is almost non-esistant as well as a short pistol grip.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Wenig
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wenig

Which explains why I couldn't Google the name.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
DPMS makes a synthetic stock.  Anyone ever seen one?  Might be something unique at the range.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DPMS makes a synthetic stock.  Anyone ever seen one?  Might be something unique at the range.

DPMS sells them. as well as other sources. I don't know who makes them but they require a serious amount of work to get a proper fit. AFIK, you need patience and real skills to do it without trashing the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top