Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2005 8:32:47 PM EDT
I received 15 mags today. out of the 15, 8 were unmarked.  Three were marked BRW-1, one was marked HR-R, and two were marked W.  They said all the mags that are being sold were USGI.  Who makes the ones that were not marked ?  Could they be made by Checkmate Industries ?  If so are they just as good as the rest. ?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
THe First four that I got from ArmaLite were HR-R's, the second set of four were BRW-S1.  

All of mine came stamped, The one thing I noticed with the M14 magazines that I have, The UHC stamped ones can be hard to see
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who makes the ones that were not marked ?  Could they be made by Checkmate Industries ?  If so are they just as good as the rest. ?  

Could be any of the USGI contractors.  Another tip is to disassemble the magazine and look at the follower.  Some followers were marked BW or B-W for Borg-Warner, OM for Winchester or CTX whom remains an anonymous contractor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope that the un-marked ones are not a bunch of aftermarket magazines.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Me too...

I've got six on the way............
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The UHC stamped ones can be hard to see

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope you found yourmags to be genuine.  I order 4 and they all came BRW S1
If you doubt them, call and talk to Armalite.  They seam really good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I just noticed that all the mags have grease mainly inside the body and a little on the outside.  Maybe Armalite put it there.  Unless the Manufacturer did it.  Also, I have a few that have no stampings.  Could they have put too much Parkerizing on the mag and covering up the stampings ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I got 5 this week 2 I could read easily, the rest I cleaned with Breakfree and the stamping showed up(lightly).  One was marked CMI, isn't this an aftermarket mag?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got 5 this week 2 I could read easily, the rest I cleaned with Breakfree and the stamping showed up(lightly).  One was marked CMI, isn't this an aftermarket mag?

NO
CMI = Checkmate Industries (USGI)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Just opened my box from Armalite. All 10 were marked.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

Isn't CMI the jokers who made those awful M9 Beretta mags?  I have heard some rumors that CMI M1A mags aren't as "quality" as soem of the late 60's, 70's manufactured mags (and passed up a good deal on them because of it...)

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#12]
My three ten rounder CMI M14 magazines have always worked flawlessly for me.  I agree, the Beretta M9 magazines have a bad reputation but the M14 magazines are good to go from what I've read from others that have them.  FWIW
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My three ten rounder CMI M14 magazines have always worked flawlessly for me.  I agree, the Beretta M9 magazines have a bad reputation but the M14 magazines are good to go from what I've read from others that have them.  FWIW

Bummer, I could have gotten 10 for $160 shipped.  Instead I went with the armalite deal of 6 for $160 shipped.  Oh well, live and learn!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

Isn't CMI the jokers who made those awful M9 Beretta mags?  I have heard some rumors that CMI M1A mags aren't as "quality" as soem of the late 60's, 70's manufactured mags (and passed up a good deal on them because of it...)

The Checkmate M14 magazines are perfect, I own 12 of them and they fit, feed and function everytime.  
Do Not let the M-9 Magazine problem steer you away from their M-14 Magazines
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

The Checkmate M14 magazines are perfect, I own 12 of them and they fit, feed and function everytime.  

Just rub it in that I could have gotten 4 more mags for the same price....

The Checkmates were marked LEO/MIL which actually could become an issue in IL with current legislation.  Or at least that is how I will justify to myself that I could have saved $100 by not being stupid...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

Just rub it in that I could have gotten 4 more mags for the same price....

The Checkmates were marked LEO/MIL which actually could become an issue in IL with current legislation.  Or at least that is how I will justify to myself that I could have saved $100 by not being stupid...

Dawg, what legislation? LEO mags are legal in IL. Am I misunderstanding? Nothing wrong with CMI mags. Believe like 5-7% of what you read here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top