Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 3:15:51 PM EDT
Has anyone have any experience with the new magazines that are supose to be new production USGI 20 and 25 rd ?  I saw them on CDNN Investments.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Issue for what rifle?

If for the M14, there WERE no 25 round magazines ever made for the US military, only 20 rounds.

Most of the current "New GI" M14 magazines being currently sold are actually new KOREAN made M14 magazines.

Opinions on the Korean magazines varies widely from "OK" to "junk".
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that some US manufacturer was making 25 rd mags (m14) for the military now.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read something about them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a couple or the 25 rounders with perfect results. They came from Rguns but are likely to be the same. dpmmn has also had good results with his.
They are extremely similar to USGI.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
there are some 20s that r made in tiwan i beilieve that r made on us presses they were called tiwanesse they work well. and at the gun show sat i seen 20 thermamold mags $20 but i never got them i may regret that has any one tryed them thermamolds r usualy good mags arnt they
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
there are some 20s that r made in tiwan i beilieve that r made on us presses they were called tiwanesse they work well. and at the gun show sat i seen 20 thermamold mags $20 but i never got them i may regret that has any one tryed them thermamolds r usualy good mags arnt they

The M14 thermolds are NOT worth getting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have used a couple or the 25 rounders with perfect results. They came from Rguns but are likely to be the same. dpmmn has also had good results with his.
They are extremely similar to USGI.

The 25 round M14 Magazines from RGuns work great!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I am talking about ones for the M-14s.  CDNN Investments claims these are new productions and theat the US Military is using them in Iraq.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, I am talking about ones for the M-14s.  CDNN Investments claims these are new productions and theat the US Military is using them in Iraq.

They are the same magazines that RGuns has, but I think the CDNN magazines are $5.00 cheaper
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked two 25 rounders up from CDNN. Very good looking mags! Look just like USGI only longer.

No markings... But they're solid. I picked them up on a lark. I haven't range tested them yet though so I can't speak to reliability.

Just remember how heavy a fully loaded 25 rounder would be in an M1a!!!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Checkmate, the same company that makes the peice of f*** Beretta M9 magazines also makes 25 round M14 magazines for the DOD. With the exception of something like 10,000 M14s that were saved for SOCOM or for possible emergency, most everything else having to do with the M14 was surplused off. The 25 round Checkmate mags seem to preform infinately better than the garbage M9 magazines. They are essentially USGI surplus mags +5 rounds, which doesn't add noticible weight or gerth. I beleive Okay also made some 20's and 25's within the last 2 years, but Checkmate is the primary contractor.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top