Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 7:04:23 AM EDT
Well, I placed this order around the 1st week of Feb.  It's in ESTORE pending.  Shows order date of 2/18/05.

I called for status today, and I'm around 250 on the backorder list

Waiting sucks!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, at least you made the list...

How would you like to try to order one now?

BTW,

I have one with the same order post date, I hopw that it looks better than the SA USGI Service grade that I recived a month ago.

I am under the impression that all of the M1's that you see the pics of are the exception - not the rule as far as the shape that they are in.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey, at least you made the list...

How would you like to try to order one now?

BTW,

I have one with the same order post date, I hopw that it looks better than the SA USGI Service grade that I recived a month ago.

I am under the impression that all of the M1's that you see the pics of are the exception - not the rule as far as the shape that they are in.

Later,

Badredfish

If you're not happy with it. Send it back and exchange it. You get your replacement right way. No waiting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Later,

Badredfish

I have come to realize the pics we are seeing are less than 1% of what is going out.  I have received some that had no redeeming virtues, bad stock, finish, barrel, worn oprod, loose sights.

Was afraid if I sent it back, would receive worse.

I am afraid these HRA SG's are going to be bottom of the barrel scrapings.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Bottom of the barrel scrappings....I hope that it is the other way around!

what do you have to do to get a good one? I am thinking about giving away two days of my life (volenteering) to see if having pick of the litter will do any good.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, I was hoping the last few would be the hidden gems!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Man, I was hoping the last few would be the hidden gems!

Part of me feels that P.T. Barnham is running the CMP operation now.

But, to be fair, my latest rifle has been the best so far, and that is after all the publicity and rush to order them.

Good luck to all, and I hope you each get a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Greek H&R that came to me as an almost new rifle. Spotless, tight and probably the luckiest deal I have ever come across. The CMP, if you ask me, sucks nowadays. Garands are much better purchased at gunshows. Let the old men with loads of free time order them, then you can pick through the good, the bad and the fugly.

I have been shooting Garands literally my entire life. I'm not going to have some $8 per hour ass clown sign a paper stating I know how to use it just so I can wait in line for two months for a boat anchor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm probably 300+ on the wait list for a USGI HRA.  I think my order was one of the last to post.  Anyway,  I did the same thing (Waiting to the last minute) when the Winchesters USGI SG's were about to discontinue taking orders.  Well, I received  the SG Winnie last October and it was a POS.  It needed a boat load of work.  the te and mw were both around 3.5.  The wood was a lost cause.  I was afraid to send it back as well.  I worked with it..dumped a little money into it - now it's a gem.  The Greek Racks I've received have been PERFECT(3 HRA, 3 SA) (Only 1 was a total POS) - all have been better - light years better than those USGI SG Win and SG SA I received over the last couple years.

I have two more SA racks arriving tomorrow - 1.07 mil and a 1.028 mil.  I hope my luck continues witht he Greeks

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Back order blues......

I just got word that my order for a US SG HRA was received on 2/22 when the cutoff was 2/18. Now I have to resubmit my package and see how lucky I can get with a Greek SG HRA.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top