Posted: 3/5/2005 8:00:29 PM EDT
hi there
just picked up an erma em1  22 cal

i know its not actually an M1 but it sure looks like one

just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this pos

thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned one for years.  What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
hi
thanks for replying
tell me everything you know

cuz i dont know anything

ive managed to tear it apart a couple times

i discovered today that the tip of the firing pin is severed

got any manuals

where can parts be attained   --- other than e-gun parts all their stuff seems to be out of stock

what kind of magazine choices are there....
meaning what kind may be adapted to it

etc
etc

thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
please help
lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one of these about 20 years ago. Mine was very reliable and fairly accurate. I had a lot of fun with that rifle.

I don't know where you could get parts except possibly possibly the Gun Parts Corp. They have parts for almost everything ever made.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I inherited mine from my father when he died in the late 1970's.  They are pretty cheaply made, but I found it to be amazingly accurate.  I put a really cheap Simmons scope on it and it's kind of fun to shoot.  I too experienced a broken firing pin one day while at the range.  I got my replacement through Numrich Gun Parts in New York.  There is also a guy in Alabama called Bob's Gun Parts that has Erma M1 carbine firing pins in stock.  He advertises in Shotgun News.

I don't have nor would I know where to find a manual for the thing.  They are easy to operate and fairly simple to tear-down and reassemle

There are 15 and 30 round mags available for them.  Again, Bob's Gun Parts carries them, but they are really pricey for what you get.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics???? Let's see it.......
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a pic of the Erma EM1 carbine replica. It's chambered in .22lr.  This pic has the scope rings installed.  I have also included a pic of the Luger replica Erma made around the same timeframe.  It has the same toggle bolt design as the original but in .22lr also.  Weird old ripoffs!

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Had one for a number of years.  Eventually got rid of it when I got my "real" carbine.  

Fun gun but finicky.  Needed to be kept clean, was picky on the ammo it would eat.  Tearing it apart wasn't bad but it wasn't something to be done in the field.  Lots of little pins and springs and such to get lost.  

Only had one mag for it.  Feed lips were SHARP.  Loading that thing could get painful.

Don't miss all that much.

Friend had one of the Luger copies.  That was a real tempermental beast.  Got rid of it in short order.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top