Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2005 10:27:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Not too bad looking, I wonder what kind of balance it has with the new rail assembly. I sent an email to the sales department @ SA to see if the rail system would be offered seprately but have heard a thing back yet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not too bad looking, I wonder what kind of balance it has with the new rail assembly. I sent an email to the sales department @ SA to see if the rail system would be offered seprately but have heard a thing back yet.

Hey, ch2000!

One of those stocks would look sweet on your Armscorp Guerilla Gun!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it would! I am still waiting on SA's sales department to let me know.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Not bad but, needs a FH.

I refuse to buy a SOCOM without a FH.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Springfield emailed back about my inquiry to buy a rail.  They are not selling them at this time but may have them for sale in a few months.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Springfield emailed back about my inquiry to buy a rail.  They are not selling them at this time but may have them for sale in a few months.

Did they happen to mention whether the rail was useable on "standard" stocks or is it a completely new stock?

Just curious. I like the way this stock looks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they happen to mention whether the rail was useable on "standard" stocks or is it a completely new stock?

Just curious. I like the way this stock looks.

I didn't ask them if the stock will work on a standard M-1A but I imagine it will.  My SOCOM uses a standard GI stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What are these "pre-ban" magazines they refer to?

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is my latest email reply from Springfield about the SOCOM 16 Gen II:

1. Is that a standard USGI stock?  If not, what are the specifications for this stock?

Yes, that is a new condition USGI stock.

2. Does this rifle utilize all USGI parts?  If not, what parts are cast versus forged?

Although we do use some USGI parts in our M1A production, there is no set list
of parts that are USGI, as parts availability constantly changes.  What is not
available as USGI will be newly manufactured parts, built to USGI specs.

3. Is the Cluster Rail System available to upgrade existing Springfield M1a?

The Cluster Rail system will be available for sale separately late in 2005.
MSRP will be $399.

4. Is the Cluster Rail System meet military spec?  Any problems with  mounts (ARMS, Knights, LeRaue, etc) and this rail system?  What are the specifications of the rails on this rifle?

The Cluster Rail is a standard 1913 Picatinny rail.  There are no military specs
for a cluster rail system.  The standard length rail does not prohibit the use of a
standard scope mount.

5. Is a flash hider available for folks in GA?  Muzzle brakes are just too loud!!!

The SOCOM is only available with the special muzzle brake.  This is part of
the design and cannot be changed.

We appreciate your interest in our products!

Respectfully,
Adam Jones
Regional Dealer Relations
Springfield Armory
420 W. Main Street
Geneseo, IL  61254
(Toll Free) 800-680-6866
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#10]

3. Is the Cluster Rail System available to upgrade existing Springfield M1a?

The Cluster Rail system will be available for sale separately late in 2005.
MSRP will be $399.

Veddy interesting...  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I've seen some pics of a version with a M-4 style stock, any chance of it being brought to the civvy market?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice - looks like hours of shopping to fill the rails up with parts not to mention load on plastic card in wallet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#13]
why a 16" 308???????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#14]
At least you guys were able to get a response back from SA - I sent 2 emails inquiring about the same information and still have not gotten a reply. Thanks for posting their response.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd be interested in one if they put the VLTOR mod stock (of the LE version) on it.  If not, I'll go elsewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top