Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 10:18:17 AM EDT
My new year's resolution was to start collecting WW2-style American firearms.  I suspect there's some CMP Garands in my future, but I took the plunge on the Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine yesterday.  Davidson's had them on sale, I had cash burning a hole in my pocket, and now it's on it's little way to me.  I figured the Davidson's lifetime warranty might be handy if these puppies turn out to be lemons.  Anywho, I'll be happy to do pics/range reports since no one seems to know anything about this little guy--taking one for the team!

Anyway, I've got a line on one of those reproduction M1A1 paratrooper stocks that were floating around not long ago.  Seeing as how the real Inland M1A1s are rare and expensive as crap, I figured this might be a budget way to build one.  Question here for me is regarding the installation.  Is it a simple pop the receiver/barel out of the original stock and drop into the paratrooper copy deal, or do I need to replace other parts as well?  I'm not terribly concerned with a 100% exact copy of the M1A1, just whether or not I'll need to find more parts to complete the installation.

So what's the verdict?  Will it fit?  Sorry to be a M1C newbie, but those damn ARs really get you by your toes and don't let go!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll fit into a para stock like a hand into a glove.

I wish fitting into my wife was this easy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I just saw my neighbors wife.  I wish fitting into her was that easy also.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" --GOD

Sound Familiar to anyone else?
I'm just messing with you BTW
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Always worth a laugh around here.  We'll see how it turns out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top