Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2005 4:23:12 PM EDT
I've never shot one before and I really liked it.  Plus I looooooove the way they look.  If you ask me, it(recoil) wasn't all together that much more than my ar.  Which surprised me.  There was more of a shove to it but it wasn't as snappy.  You know what I mean???  Probably because all the equipment is heavier.  Like the rifle, the bolt with the cycling handle are probably alot heavier than the ar's.  Regardless, it seems like you could shoot awhile and not have it hurt too much.  It does have it's drawbacks though.  Like how do you guys deal with that cycling handle where it meets the top and bottom of the handgaurd???  I usually shoot with my left (support) hand pretty far back, like just in fron of the magwell.  In fact when I shoot my ar, I usually bridge the magwell and hand gaurd with my left hand.  So do you just train yourself to keep your left fingers more straight and awaw from that cycling handle thing??  Whatever the case, I could see how one would really get into shooting those things.  They're just so dang pretty.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell your addicted...

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
JJ, whenever you want to shoot one again, just let me know.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, my dad is sending off his order to the cmp for a service grade springfield garand with a case of m2 ball today.  I just need one of them olive drab slings now and I think I'll be in heaven.  What do you suggest about your left hand though??  I've seen pictures with guys having their finger over that little part way forward and I wonder if you can get pinched by it??
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot my LRB on Saturday...what a gas.............
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you mr. pix.  I can't remember, are you one of the guys at Racine County Line Rifle Range????
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I was there when you joined.  I just place my hand as normally done on the foreend, except my fingers don't wrap onto the op rod, they clench the stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
below or above the op rod?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Below, as you'll find out with the Garand.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember el roto because he's the one that fell,  and I remember drawcut because he was one of the last people I saw.  Are you that tall one with the dark hair???  Sorry for forgetting.  Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah, that was probably me.  I'm sure I'll see you at one of the shoots.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
So you got an m1a?????  We'll have to have a battle rifle shoot when my dad's garand comes in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, my dad is sending off his order to the cmp for a service grade springfield garand with a case of m2 ball today.  I just need one of them olive drab slings now and I think I'll be in heaven.  What do you suggest about your left hand though??  I've seen pictures with guys having their finger over that little part way forward and I wonder if you can get pinched by it??

When your dad receives the M1 Garand, he will find a plastic bag containing; a used green canvas sling, an open bolt indicator, an en bloc clip, a manual, a postcard for a free trigger lock and some advertising pamphlets.  I advise ordering some clips for the 30.06 ammunition, you are going to need more.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
NO, A used NYLON sling. Current supplies of canvas slings have been exhausted for over a year. No more canvas.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, you're right.  I just checked the last rifle I received in July - it had a nylon sling.  The others that I have came with a canvas sling.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, thanks for the tip.  I was going to buy one from miltecharms.  They got them new.  I don't care if it's canvas or not, as long as it works.  They also have en bloc clips for a buck each.  And so do some of my local gun stores. So I will do that.  

Also, how important is this deal about having a gunsmith look over the rifle.  I'm concerned if I take it to the wrong person they may try and squeeze me for more than really necessary.  Can anyone say MIDAS.  But it seems that obviously somebody who knows something ought to look at it though,eh?  MisterPX, when it comes in can you look it over and tell me if anythings wrong with it????
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've never shot one before and I really liked it.  Plus I looooooove the way they look.  If you ask me, it(recoil) wasn't all together that much more than my ar.  Which surprised me.  There was more of a shove to it but it wasn't as snappy.  You know what I mean???  Probably because all the equipment is heavier.  Like the rifle, the bolt with the cycling handle are probably alot heavier than the ar's.  Regardless, it seems like you could shoot awhile and not have it hurt too much.  It does have it's drawbacks though.  Like how do you guys deal with that cycling handle where it meets the top and bottom of the handgaurd???  I usually shoot with my left (support) hand pretty far back, like just in fron of the magwell.  In fact when I shoot my ar, I usually bridge the magwell and hand gaurd with my left hand.  So do you just train yourself to keep your left fingers more straight and awaw from that cycling handle thing??  Whatever the case, I could see how one would really get into shooting those things.  They're just so dang pretty.

You've never shot one before but you like it?

Ben
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#17]
JJ, yeah, no problem, let me know when.  Hell, I'll even bust out my Garand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you thank you misterpx.  you da man

ok faded son, what I meant is I never shot one before this sunday which is why I even started this thread.  I thought that was obvious though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top