Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 9:13:33 PM EDT
I just ordered one for my M-14 build, and from the pics it looks to be quite short; I was planning to put an Aimpoint on it with my ARMS mount.

The LaRue Aimpoint mount is also short and may be a better match. Anyone have any knowlege of this unit?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Aimpoint mount & the ARMS Aimpoint mount both fit on the Rooster33 scout mount.My Buddy uses an Aimpoint with the ARMS mount  on the Rooster33 scout mount and he loves it.

SKBY.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Where does one order this Rooster mount from?
Will it fit a heavy barrel?

mark
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Rooster33

I have no experience with this mount but have used several of his other products. They have all been very nice, high quality products.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

mark

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

mark

The link above is Hot. You could follow the link to Roosters site and e-mail him directly with any questions. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just ordered one for my M-14 build, and from the pics it looks to be quite short; I was planning to put an Aimpoint on it with my ARMS mount.

The LaRue Aimpoint mount is also short and may be a better match. Anyone have any knowlege of this unit?

If the Rooster33 mount you are receiving is the one that is pictured above then the LaRue Aimpoint mount will not work. The LaRue mount has guide cuts for 1913 picatinny rails while the above mount is weaver. This is also why I cannot use a Larue Aimpoint mount on my Old style ARMS 18.

Becareful also about mounting an ARMS 22M68 on just a single weaver segment. Because of the tri-lock design, if the mounting segment is too small it will not be as secure as it appears and will wear a channel into itself after shooting a bit. I experienced this with my M68 and old style 18. Luckily ARMS has great customer service and replaced the mount for me (but I still do not dare use it and switched to a GG&G mount)). I would have to see the mount in person or have a comparative pic to be able to accurately tell you if it will work or not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
<<<<='s me.
Thanks for the "HOTLINK"

mark
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]

The LaRue mount has guide cuts for 1913 picatinny rails while the above mount is weaver

Scottinhawaii, could you explain what you mean by that? I thought the two were essentially the same.

I guess I could just use the ring that came with the Aimpoint, but I want a quick detach.

I believe this mount would fit a heavy barrel, because it installs right behind the op rod guide ring, and I think all M-14 barrels are the same diameter here.

I forgot to mention that the Rooster33 mount is quite affordable, at $78 delivered. It is also steel, and should hold up better than aluminum (like the Springfeild Armory scout mount) because of the higher thermal expansion rate of alum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top