Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 4:11:29 PM EDT
i got a can of Austr 7.62mm ball ammo to blast in my M1A.  
is it normal for surplus ammo to burn clean?
this stuff has almost no residue!  100 rounds and there is a little dust in the bore.  i scrubbed it with a copper brush and didn't get any real grunge on my patches...

this ammo is GREAT!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Aussie IMHO is the best out there. I love it. You still gotta clean that rifle though!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
After a lot more rounds through it, you'll notice the brass flakes around the chamber mouth.  It's kind of like bling bling, mate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
After a lot more rounds through it, you'll notice the brass flakes around the chamber mouth.  It's kind of like bling bling, mate.

M1's and M14's are notoriously hard on brass. I get visible flakes before I finish one Mag.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M1's and M14's are notoriously hard on brass. I get visible flakes before I finish one Mag.

All auto loaders get the brass marks with just about all brass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top