Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 10:43:03 AM EDT
I was at a gun store recently and saw some 30-round M-14 mags and inquired about the manufacture. The owner stated that they were Winchester 30-round mags. They looked and felt as solid as my GI mags, but I have never heard of a 30-round factory mag? I have been collecting/shooting for quite some time and that was news to me. I know that there were some Taiwanese imports that were made on US machinery but thought that those 30-rounders were part of that import.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
No USGI 30 round M14 Mags. None. Period.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
EVER!

All 30 rounders are from foreign or dubious sources.  It doesn't necessarily mean they are "bad" per se....but then again I have yet to ever hear glowing reports of them either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the mystery "GI feel" thirty round M14 magazines.  AFAIK, there were no contract USGI thirty round magazines.  I did try this mystery thirty round magazine in my select fire M1A.  It works just fine in semi-automatic and automatic.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard good and bad on them.  As with anything surplus, "mebbe it werks, an mebbe it dond".
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If I'm not mistaken, Ruger tried to get in on the sucess Springfield was having with the M1A, by making a version.  They called the XGI.  I do know a company made some 30 round mags for it.  They kinda look like a Thermold meets Orilite.  Some old fella around here had 3 of them at a gunshow for $75 each.  My friend bought them and says they work great. I saw one of these mags on GunBroker recently for like $85.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top