Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 7:22:56 AM EDT
A local shop has a Springfield "Tanker"  Garand for $599 it has a plain light  colored birch stock, metal looks good and it's tight.  

Thanks

Jim
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
seems like a lowball price.  be careful, you know what they say whaen a price seems too good to be true...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply,

Jim
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Chuck, I'm not sure the writing was very small and wasn't struck very deep. I saw Springfield and it looks pretty old but in good shape. The stock is a light yellowish birch color and in good condition. The metalwork looks good but I didn't have or ask for a bore light because I wasn't really thinking about buying it at the time. Then I got to thinking and couldn't remember the last time I saw one and thought it might be a nice addition.  It's a 30-06.

Thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info Chuck. I'm going out of town for a week and if it's still there I'll look it over more closely when I return. I bought new Springfield Armory M1 about ten years ago and at $599 this one seemed to be a good deal.

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top