Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:01:05 PM EDT
Had this M1A for some time. Shot it a bit, but mostly with iron sights as they shot fine and the mounts I tried I didn’t like. Finely went and got the ARMS mount with height throw rings. Also had the 1st gen. SA government scope. Something was always off with this scope. Even with shimming it would print 4 feet low at 200M, the minimum the scope was calibrated for. After 6 years I finally figured it was time to see if SA would fix the scope as it did cost a bit. Seeing the first complaint was over 6 years ago SA told me to send in the gun, scope and mount. They would then do all the needed cleaning, tuning and fixing. Sent it in, waited 3 weeks, and got it back. Took it to the range on Sunday to see if the scope would finally shoot to point of aim. First shot as you can see was to the left. Adjustment was guesstamated at 12 clicks right. Made the adjustment and fired one more round. 3 round shot groups would consistently cloverleaf. So you tell me, did it get fixed right?

P.S. Ammo was aussi surplus 144 gr FMJ cronoed at 2870FPS. I will try my match next week at 500M. Would go further, but that’s the farthest range I can get right now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top