Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 6:18:18 AM EDT
Just thought I'd let everyone know, was at the CMP store in Port Clinton yesterday, and the Greek rack grades were pretty much picked over.  We were told that what was out on the rack was all they had, and they didn't have orders for more.  We did find a decent Danish rack grade, TE3 and ME2.  I was very tempted to take home a US SA service grade also.  They had some there that looked VERY nice!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
So, Are you telling us that you hand picked your rifle, and then drove home with it to IN? Sweet.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You bet I did!  I'm just a few miles inside of IN from Ohio, so it's only 1-1/2 hours or so.  This makes it Garand #2.  Got to figure out how to get it in the gun case without the wife seeing another, though ... And people are right - these things are contagious!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently got a nice RG Greek shipped from the South store.TE 3.5 and MW was 3. Barrel took a long time cleaning to bring it back, mostly copper fouled
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
My 1st Garand was a CMP USGI Service Grade...Got it last week, exactly 10 days after I UPS overnight lettered my paperwork in...Thats quick service and I can not beleive how accurate it is...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my first CMP Garand Wednesday. A Greek return H&R Service Grade. Haven't shot it yet, but it looks like it should be a winner. BTW, delivery was 12 days after I dropped my paperwork in the (snail) mail box.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got my SA Greek service grade this morning, 9 days after I mailed in the paperwork.  I can't wait to get her out to the range.  The bbl is dated 5-52, the reciever is S# 1,575,***, which means my rifle would have been produced during the spring of '43.  The wood is nice, as the rest of the rifle seems to be.  This is my first Garand, so I have a lot of learning to do in the near term.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one. 3/55 H&R looks like a brand new rilfe. I'm getting more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top