Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:22:44 PM EDT
Just wondering if/when SA will sell M1As with bayo lugs?

BoB
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
*crickets*
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
*crickets*

???   I don't get it...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*crickets*

???   I don't get it...

I think he wants the number to S.A. Inc. customer service. Does anyone have it handy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*crickets*

???   I don't get it...

You know like the crickets chirping sound when there is silence. I thought everyone watched Looney Tunes.

edit: My best guess is not anytime soon. You figure even if they wanted to be non-PC and put bayos on all their rifles, they must get rid of all the non bayo flashhiders they have left first.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
1-800-680-6866. Springfield Armory does have a website.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
They will probably have to make them, M14 Flash hiders have been hard to find for quite awhile. They have been casting them on newer rifles so they will have to make up new FH with Bayo castings..

I don't see anything wrong with SA. Why Invest all the money in new casting dies or buying them etc if the ban doesn't end . If It was my business I would do the same.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the FS on the current production threaded underneath?  Is it unpinned?  If so, I could just add my own, no?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is the FS on the current production threaded underneath?  Is it unpinned?  If so, I could just add my own, no?

Thanks,
BoB

Yes there are threads. The castle nut is what holds on your FH, so you'll need to buy castle nut pliers to get it off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#10]
LRB has the repros (which are well made) for $37.  DPMS had them for something silly low like $18.  I always see "real" USGI F/H's for sale/trade from $40 to $100, ide never pay more than $50.   That said there are plenty of options out there, and in a few minutes you can swap yours out.

I doubt SA will go through the time/cost/trouble of putting real f/h with bayo. lug back on there rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top