Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 10:38:20 PM EDT
My friend finally picked his up this last weekend. We went to a indoor range to run a few rounds threw it yesterday. First are my opinions the looks of it. I did not see any bad machine marks so I was happy with the barrel and reciever. The stock was okay, but I wish it was a little darker in color. My friend broke it down, wiped it down, and then lubricated it with some Breakfree.

At the range 110 gr fmj from Georgia Arms was used. The M1 Carbine never malfunctioned except once one of the rounds was defective in that the bullet was in backwards in the casing. I have never seen that before. The defective round did not chamber. Somewhere around 125 rounds were fired with no malfunctions except the one explained above. Most of the rounds were very precise. The rounds were striking a little left to which the rear sight had to be moved  bit to the right. It was noticed that the whole rear sight assembly is in a dove tail grove and needed to be moved about a millimeter to the right in order to zero windage without having rear peep hole to far right. The whole rear sight was off about millimeter off center.

Overall I was impressed and 1% of me was actually wanting it to malfunction so I would not be forced to buy one also . Oh the two 15 round issue magazines worked fine also.

Anyone know where to get a bayonet for one on the net?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top