Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 12:17:44 PM EDT
My CMP Garand is expected sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.  I'm having trouble sleeping.  I was wondering about ammo; I've seen this relatively inexpensive 150gr Korean stuff at Ammoman.com.  Is it any good?  I'm also thinking about taking the Garand deer hunting this year, just for kicks.  Is it safe to shoot Federal 150gr soft points out of an M1?  If anyone knows of a good deal on quality ammo, please let me know.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The CMP sells a lot of ammo.
M2 Ball surplus
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Korean ammo from ammoman is corrosive.  As long as you cleean up properly after use, it is fine, and very accurate.

Don't forget, all M1's up till the early 50's shot nothing but corrosive ammo.  It was all that was available.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
just read tagged message at top of page re: Korean.  So maybe not.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The stuff CMP sells is non-corrosive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top